The vast majority of parents and kids now carry mobile phones. This means text messaging can offer schools and colleges with an instantaneous, reliable and lucrative method for contacting parents and students straight away. Broadcast emergency alerts (school lockdowns), event notifications, class cancellations (rescheduling) etc.
Schools can now exploit the power of mobile texting to contact parents and students to share information in an extremely time sensitive style.
Text messaging for school can be used for:
- Announce emergency alerts (school lockdowns)
- Announce event notifications
- Announce class cancellations (rescheduling)
- Alerts to parents of ill children
- Alerting parents for delayed school buses
- Alerting parents for local dangers, such as stalker
- Transmit snow day notifications