SMS campaigns are independent campaigns that have a start and end on specific dates and have very precise aims.
Sending out bulk text messages to people, having hopes that your business will pick up, is not very tactful for any business, but if you want better results then you should start a proper messaging campaign. This will also give your customers an idea of when the promotion ends.
Successful Campaign Ideas
Following are some good ideas of how you can conduct a successful campaign:
- Think about your audience first. You should be very clear in your mind as to who your target audience is. What do you expect them to do once they receive the text?
- Think about the proposition you want to make that audience. Send a text that will be self explanatory and the offer you give them is the most important part of your messaging campaign. What will make your target audience respond or take action?
- How will you carry out the offer? Does your customer have to come to you to get the offer? Or will they have to text something back? Do they have to purchase a specific item? Will your employees know what to do when they face the customers?
- Train your staff. There will be questions about a campaign, for sure. Hence your staff should be well prepared to tackle those questions. Just be sure you brief them on the details.
- Stand Out from the Crowd. There are just too many voices talking at once to the customers. So, you have to do extreme things to catch people’s interest. You have to hit them with a hammer, and that will help you get their firm attention.
- Don’t Ask for Too Much. The point of SMS marketing is to get your audience to give out your message; so sharing it should be as easy as possible. The second you start asking for extra out of your clients is the moment your viral campaign goes down the drain.
- How will you follow your results? Keeping the message simple and restricting the data entry is the best way to make sure you track your outcome. Adding a checkbox into your point of sale system or adding a note to a checklist related to the offer can be an easy measurement device.
Following these steps will facilitate you to carry out your marketing campaigns successfully. Keep in mind, your campaign’s success depends solely on the offer. So be sure that you make a great one!